Creative Midlands Heritage

Creative Midlands Heritage


The Royal hospital, Wolverhampton

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 11:51 AM PST

Feb 2012

Inspired by this
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derelict-UK (Post 31577)
bloody hell, I thought they had demolished this a long time ago!! This was my first ever hospital explore back in 2006! It looked pretty bad then, I doubt it has aged as good as a fine wine lol

I did some digging around today..

but first, the future-

http://www.midlandsheritage.co.uk/31554-post1.html

As it was from above



The remains

top left- gatehouse/ lodge
centre- main building
bottom left- nurses quarters
bottom right- newer addition



and for info, an approximation of what tescos own around and about the site..



are you with me so far? this is where it gets interesting..

....I did think that the newer addition (with the rounded ends) was listed and I'm fairly sure that I read somewhere they were going to incorporate these fairly iconic features into apartments.. but it would appear not as its going to be demolished...

Outside









Inside





















Pool






:(

RAF Tatenhill

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 11:25 AM PST

Each time I've driven past recently more of the old buildings have gone as part of the current upgrading of this very active airfield.

Photos from today



Another of the buildings adjacent to the road bites the dust, not many left now:






Combined turret instruction and bombing teacher building:





Domestic site (a real mess, piled high with tyres, dashboards etc).

Lots of latrine blocks and stanton shelters remain
























Bulk fuel installation



More at: tatenhill pictures by trunktemp - Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.