"FEED-Heritage" via Creative in Google Reader

"FEED-Heritage" via Creative in Google Reader


Midlands United Reformed Church, Knowle

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 08:38 AM PST

I've never before seen a church or chapel that looks like this one; is it unique, I wonder? And what could have been the inspiration behind the design for the front?





Built as a Congregational Chapel in 1932.



















Despite my knocking on the side door at 7:30am(!) I got a warm welcome from the two ladies inside. My thanks to them.

Midlands Road sign - Wilsons Road, Knowle

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 08:30 AM PST

Here's a sign that looks pretty old. I wonder how something like this would have been made something like a hundred years ago? In the local blacksmith's or would the county council have had a contract somewhere for all their road and street signs?



Midlands Public convenience - Knowle WM

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 08:22 AM PST

A combined toilets and bus shelter but, presumably, cost-cutting has resulted in the closure of the toilets. :oops:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.