Creative Midlands Heritage

Creative Midlands Heritage


Cannock Chase - Artifacts (1)

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 02:19 AM PST

Buried under a mound of foliage on the approach to "Brocton Camp" at Coppice Hill, Cannock Chase.

Theres only a small part of this thing exposed, I gather that its a "Water Buffalo" , or trailer mounted water bowser from WW2, and there may even still be a trailer attached to it deep in the soil. I'm a bit unsure of the legalities of digging it out as Cannock Chase is a designated "Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty" and there are bound to be rules against it, but I will be going back with a small spade and some brushes. (watch this space)

I'm reluctant to reveal the exact location, as you never know whos reading and this thing might well end up on eBay if I'm not careful.









More to follow, when the weathers improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.