Creative Midlands Heritage

Creative Midlands Heritage


Hidden Courtroom, Stafford art gallery

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 05:36 AM PST

This court room is hidden away behind Stafford art gallery in the market square. Just a fleeting glimpse before I was ushered on, so didnt get to photo the holding cells, trust me they were verrrry creepy though, and these mannequins only added to that eeriness...


Shugborough Estate, Staffordshire

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 05:08 AM PST

My first post, so please be gentle, comments welcome. Taken a few years ago, using 3.2mp phone camera, which looking back was tonnes better than the 5mp on my current phone

Shugborough is a country estate in Great Haywood, Staffordshire, England, 4 miles from Stafford on the edge of Cannock Chase. It comprises a country house, kitchen garden, and model farm. Owned by the National Trust and maintained by the leaseholder, Staffordshire County Council, it previously belonged to the Earls of Lichfield, the Anson family. I was lucky enough to have no-holds-barred access while running cabling for CCTV (I saw a lot of NT and other places like this and had total access in most cases, but never thought to take photos.dammit)

The mansion house:


The Gardeners cottage:


The blacksmiths:


And the internals, the Gardeners cottage:








Internal of the farmhouse, no wiring required here though so had to be quick:


Inside the mansion house, drawing room:

Main hallway:

Library:

I forget what room this was sorry:

Stairwell:

State bedroom (rumoured to be haunted):

State dressing room:

One of the main lounges:

And a shot of the gardens:


Now the really interesting stuff, the basement. Theres rumours that these basements run from Shugborough estate into the town centre although I had a good ferret around and couldnt find any secret doors, What I did find was a gold store right at the very end of the basements, which I wasnt allowed access to, so I'm not sure if there is gold in there or not. Theres a main hallway thats about 500m long with small rooms spurring off:









Hope you enjoyed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.