Creative Midlands Heritage

Creative Midlands Heritage


St Mathew's Asylum, Burntwood, Staffordshire

Posted: 26 Nov 2011 02:37 AM PST

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member of the forum but have followed this thread for some time. My Grandfather was treated at St Matthews a couple of times - once in the 1930's and once in the early 50's, and his Mother (my Great Grandmother) died there in 1955.

I remember the hospital still being there when I was a kid, but as I recall it was either completely disused or was pretty close to it at the time. I didn't go back to Burntwood for a few years (I went to school in Cannock, so travelled in the opposite direction), but the next time I went, there was a housing estate there instead.

With a lot of help from a very generous ex member of staff at St Matthews, and David Budden, who wrote an excellent book on St Matthews (available from Amazon), I have managed to get this web album of pictures of the hospital and its staff together, I hope you enjoy having a look...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1180528...dStaffordshire


Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.